Start-ups, Marketing & StuffWritings, musings and generally lighthearted banter
- #SEO squabbles are amusing and entertaining all at the same time. You guys kill me. #
- My personal site is finally coming back together – added the #dofollow #seo plugin. Do you use #dofollow? http://bit.ly/DIeaq #
- @webaddict StumbleUpon is better than Digg #
- RT @SilverOakCasino: Craps Strategy Guide Lesson 5: The Don\’t Come Bar ( http://tinyurl.com/cbppc7 ) #
- @webaddict @Digg: technology, opensource and geek based. @Stumbleupon: categorizes across related fields much more effectively. #
- @webaddict @stumbleupon gives a broad range of topics and users. The chais of @stumbleupon fits with the very nature of the #internet #
- @stuntdubl are you and @mattcutts going to go for a candle lit dinner, maybe a long walk on a moonlit beach? kidding. SEO is really IA. #
- @mattcutts agreed on admitting bad apples. I look at SEO as really being Information Architecture and Usability. #seo is full of scammers. #
- @stuntdubl haha understandable we all have our moments of weakness. Now get it together man! #
- @dofollow Thanks for the RT #
- Cambridge is feeling alot like #vancouver this rainy warm morning. *yawn* #
- RT @fantomaster: RT @RuudHein: “You don’t get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.” Jim Rohn #FQF – Good one #
- Oops. Moving my categories around and redirecting in #wordpress and forgot to turn off Twitter updates. #
- RT @webaddict: 15 Cool Projects From the Labs of Google, Microsoft, Mozilla and Yahoo http://bit.ly/yPeAo #
- How America sees the world! Enjoy http://bit.ly/10HAFU #
- wow it’s #followfriday right I almost forgot. #
- RT @fantomaster: Follow the search engines on Twitter: @google @yahoo @live_search #
- Hope everyone is having a good #followfriday @dotsauce @webaddict @fantomaster @oilman #
- Off for Granpa’s birthday dinner, this is gonna be partayyyy! Check out this great BBQ idea btw http://bit.ly/16JR0g – peas out. #
Powered by Twitter Tools.
Given the popularity of the post: Online Casino PPC Allowed in the UK.
I am going to be writing a 5 Part Series on developing a comprehensive PPC strategy that will ensure the following:
- Avoid the rampant and idiotic bidding wars which are bound to take place. Years ago the click fraud was not only ridiculous it was cost prohibitive (keep in mind the offshore casinos can be not only sketchy but ridiculously stupid when it comes to driving up costs with no sense of reality).
- Target niches and develop comprehensive keyword strategies which will saturate across thousands of terms and avoid those high profile expensive terms which have low conversion rates and are targets for click fraud.
- Thinking big. The problem most SEO and SEM specialists and have is really understanding how engines work and developing a pervasive and saturating presence through the major engines. We’ll cover that as well.
- Conversion Optimization. In the world of Online Casinos there can be big budgets but big budgets soften brains. We’ll look at the conversion point on the host site, discuss tactics and strategies for increasing acquisitions and conversions.
- Stick around and I’ll let you know the last one when we get there. It’s a bigggg secret.
This is not going to be SEO 101. I’m not interested in discussing the basics. This series will focus on advanced items so I won’t be giving alot of background on basic stuff. If you need the background then I highly recommend Aaron Wall’s SEOBook, start there then come back or join the list and store your emails.
Is there anything else you’d like to see in the series? Register on the site and also register for the course (top right over there) and we can get started.
- RT @fantomaster: The Future of Search: Microsoft’s Social Desktop http://is.gd/kGeY #search #seo #
- @astrems enjoy the boat buddy…. #
- Slowly getting my site back together after EMC destroyed a server randomly. http://www.dannedelko.com is a #dofollow blog and should be back soon #
- @Scobleizer is @ScobleizerL one of the fakes? They just followed me, deleting now. #
- @nicolelindaman missed ya today nicole, you have time for that call tomorrow? And enjoy that Guinness #
- @twittercounter is predicting that I’m going to lose followers tomorrow. That’s just not nice. #
- Get your morning chuckle here as always XKCD is high larry us (good #google strip) http://xkcd.com/192/ #
- RT @johnbattelle: Google puts ads in news. Sh*tstorm to folo? http://battellemedia.com/archives/004834.php #
- #google is leeching ad revenue from News Publishers. I’m sure that they have revenue sharing with big companies but there are few details. #
- RT @brucecat: 28 year old man dies from Viagra overdose during orgy http://cli.gs/mMzLY6 – I had to laugh! #
- My very amusing friend thought this was funny – got it in an email that my personal blog may have been hacked – http://twitpic.com/1pmyo #
- @mattcutts I would also term that “douchebag” SEO – agreed very uncool. Actually I own douchebagseo.com I should set it up. Thoughts? #
- http://twitpic.com/1pmyo – @oli_hero you are a comic genius. #
Powered by Twitter Tools.
Check this out. Take a bit of a break and please all of my American friends realize that we all survived through 8 years of the most idiotic president in the history of the United States. As a die hard Canadian and one who is a Conservative Liberal (go figure) it’s not a partisan comment. George Bush is simply an idiot no matter if you are Liberal or Conservative. Please watch this and argue otherwise:
God Bless Barack Obama.
You probably now know him as John Roberts the CNN Anchor, and previously as the CBS White House Correspondent but if you’re Canadian maybe you remember him as JD Roberts Muchmusic VJ extraordinaire. Even though that was 20 years ago it’s hilarious to see him with the stylin’ mullet cut. That was short lived and as soon as he joined CityTV in Toronto that was quickly cut off.
On behalf of all Canadians I am begging: John Roberts bring back the mullet!
Seriously though John Roberts is another in a long line of Canadians who have made us proud by becoming a fixture in American broadcast journalism. But seriously John, the mullet was classic.
Check these out:
The Muchmusic Pepsi Power Hour!
On CityTV – JD Roberts graduates to the real newsroom:
Wow – is this John Roberts? It’s pretty amazing to have seen one person’s entire career and in fact what is effectively a transformation:
So then John Roberts moves from CBS to CNN:
Finally John Roberts is the best anchor on CNN. Look at how he handles the idiotic right wing Laura Ingram:
Just thought I would let you all know that I’ve made this blog do follow. Now remember – real comments only please but they will pass link authority.
As I am going through this resurrection of my site I’ve had the opportunity to rethink a few thinks in terms of categories, tags, URL structure, Sub Domain structure and in particular making all comments DoFollow.
Having said that I installed the DoFollow plugin yesterday for a few reasons:
- It will incite comments – hopefully relevant comments.
- I want to pass link authority for those who I want to link to from this site.
- Defaulting as NoFollow is really the backward way to do it. WordPress by default adds the No Follow attribute, although I understand why the need for NoFollow by default.
Having said that I am curious. Is your blog a DoFollow blog?
Over the pas months I’ve had excellent success in building online reputation through Do Follow blogs. Here is a fantastic list from Squidoo of categorized list of Do Follow blogs.
I’ll be updating this page with more Do Follow resources.
- I just used a hammer to dislodge frozen stew from the freezer for Nicole. True story and yes I am very proud. #
- @oilman every 3.4535 seconds. I know how you feel. #
- @Miss604 Go #Canucks – I’m actually a #Leafs fan but the #Canucks are my #2 team therefore I am NOT a #Habs fan #
- @kevinrose Hitting the elevator button more than once is psychological security blanket. #
- RT @fantomaster: RT @webaddict: Internet threat: Hackers swarm bank accounts http://bit.ly/ar4m0 #internet #hacking #hackers #
- @oilman If you’re anything like me you’ll still glaze over when you see the To Do list as it grows and grows and grows. #
- Signing off for the night. Have a good one all. #
- @wilw I’m Canadian and I feel inspired. Imagine that! #
- This #ryanair story gets more and more incredible and ridiculous! Could #raynair management be more obtuse? http://bit.ly/Bg92r #
- RT @fantomaster: Good take from the Link Fish: RT @angie1234p: RT @Burnsie_SEO: What If A Client Doesnt Like Link Building? http://ow.ly/tDa #
- @nicolelindaman excellent article, very useful! #
- RT @mattcutts: Want to learn more about the canonical link tag? We just posted a new video of me talking about it: http://bit.ly/H5haO #
- RT @SilverOakCasino: Oscars Roundup and winners ( http://tinyurl.com/az9aev ) #
- @shoemoney I’m voting for your stimulus plan. It’s probably be more effective anyhow. #
- @1Password Love your app I don’t know what I would do without it #
- RT @SilverOakCasino: Oscars Challenge Winners ( http://tinyurl.com/atx6hu ) #
Powered by Twitter Tools.
- Good morning everyone. Ever have one of those sleps where you just don’t feel like you’ve slept. Damn. It’s going to be one of those days #
- Upgraded personal domain from #Wordpress to #Wordpress MU last night. Now have to fit in updates, photo, video and search subdomains #
- Mel Gisbon returns in “The Colonel” check it out, hi-lari-ous http://bit.ly/u1mxF #
Powered by Twitter Tools.