The online gambling and online sportsbook vertical is rightly considered to be one of the most competitive business markets from more than an SEO point of view. The online gaming industry is one of the most challenging industries for Marketing online or off line. The challenges have increased in 2018 with the introduction of State level sportsbook and gambling licenses in the United States. This has introduced major players such as Fan Duel and NBS Sports. Not only is it highly competitive with competition from public companies, government organizations and major news outlets, there are thousands of savvy affiliates in direct competition with the private, regulated Sportsbook providers themselves. I’ve been involved in the gaming industry and Sportsbook marketing since 2002. Below I’ve provided a brief overview of my experience in the the gaming space including highlights, acquisition milestones, search ranking and business development achievements. Beyond providing marketing, acquisition, retention, SEO strategies and tactics, I have developed a number of long term strategic marketing plans which go far beyond SEO but encompass other tactical marketing channels such as:
7, 14, 17 years in the industry I have the scars to prove my time in the world of Sportsbook, Casino, Poker and general Gambling SEO.
As I mentioned earlier I will list some highlights here. For more information you can visit Honeypot Marketing, check out my LinkedIn profile or view my detailed profile page here.
- Social Media Engagement and Conversion Strategy
- Paid Search Management across numerous networks and channels
- Affiliate Marketing Strategy and Execution
- Email Marketing Strategy and Implementation
- Web and Conversion Analytics
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Sports Marketing campaign strategy and execution
- Google News Optimization
- Online Press and Public Relations
- Video Marketing and Conversion Optimization
- Podcasting Strategy and Distribution
- Landing Page Optimization
- First in-house SEO for Bodog, later made “Web Manager” and a member of the Senior Management Team,
- Oversaw the development of the Digital Marketing Team including all hiring, team structure and budgetary issues.
- Provided 2 years of Strategic Planning and SEO Plans.
- Key stakeholder in a major re-design of the Bodog Sportsbook Website.
- Created an SEO strategy which saturated the Search Engines and provided Bodog with over 100 top #1 and 300+ top 3 rankings across 3 search engines.
- Implemented Web Analytics and Omniture Site Catalyst.
- Created entire SEO Strategy and built their Digital Marketing Team.
- Create 2 years of Strategic Digital Marketing Plans.
- Key stakeholder in a major website redesign.
- Key stakeholder in all campaigns throughout the sports season.
- Implemented a highly successful podcasting strategy.
- Hired and mentored a young team which continues in place today.
- Top Terms: Sportsbook #2 – when I started with BetUS they were ranked #76
- Top Terms: “sports betting” #1 (currently #4)
- Top Terms: Football Betting #1 Google US
- Top Term: Baseball Betting #1 Google US
- Top Term: Basketball Betting #1 Google US
- Worked with the Sports Interaction in a limited consulting capacity.
- Provided strategic SEO and site structure direction.
- Provided technical SEO consultation for their custom build ColdFusion betting engine and CMS.
- Created a portal and subdomain strategy.
- Implemented content and linking guidelines.
- Successfully captured niche markets for an otherwise small operation.