On every front the gaming industry is one of the most challenging industries on or off line.
Not only is it highly competitive with competition from public companies, government organizations and major news outlets, there are thousands of savvy affiliates in direct competition with the private, regulated Sportsbook providers themselves.
I've been involved in the gaming industry and Sportsbook marketing since 2002. Below I've provided a brief overview of my experience in the the gaming space including highlights, acquisition milestones, search ranking and business development achievements.
Beyond simply providing SEO strategies & tactics, I have developed a number of long term strategic marketing plans which go far beyond SEO but encompass other tactical marketing channels such as:
- Social Media Strategy.
- Paid Search.
- Affiliate Marketing.
- Email Marketing.
- Web Analytics.
- Conversion Rate Optimization.
- Campaign strategy and execution.
- Google News Optimization.
- Online PR.
- Online Branding.
- Video Marketing and Conversion Optimization.
- Podcasting Strategy and Distribution.
- Landing Page Optimization.
SEO is only the beginning of the process and one tactic in an arsenal of Internet Marketing Strategies which lead to an increase in online sales (otherwise known as the Joined and Depositing customer).
Sportsbooks and Poker have a distinct benefit over other forms of online gambling such as Casino and Racebook. In one word: content.
Sports and Sportsbooks in general have a near endless supply of material for content marketing programs.
Of the four channels: Sportsbook, Casino, Poker and Horse Racing - the sportsbook has the best opportunity to create an authority site which can acquire a new customer via content.
After seven years I have the scars to prove my time in the world of Sportsbook and Gambling SEO. As I mentioned earlier I will list some highlights here. For more information you can visit Honeypot Marketing, check out my LinkedIn profile or view my detailed profile page here.
- First in house SEO for Bodog, later made "Web Manager" and a member of the Senior Management Team,
- Oversaw the development of the Internet Marketing Team including all hiring, team structure and budgetary issues.
- Provided 2 years of Strategic Planning and SEO execution.
- Key stakeholder in a major overhaul of the Bodog Sportsbook Website.
- Created an SEO strategy which saturated the Search Engines and provided Bodog with over 100 top 3 rankings across 3 search engines.
- Implmented Web Analytics and Omniture Site Catalyst.
- Created their entire SEO Strategy and built their Internet Marketing Team.
- Create 2 years of Strategic Internet Marketing Plans.
- Key stakeholder in a major redesign of their website.
- Key stakeholder in Campaigns throughout the sports season.
- Implemented a highly successful podcasting strategy.
- Hired and mentored a young team which continues in place today (very successfully I have to add).
- Top Terms: Sportsbook #2 - when I started with BetUS they were ranked #76
- Top Terms: "sports betting" #1 (currently #4)
- Top Terms: Football Betting #1 Google US
- Top Term: Baseball Betting #1 Google US
- Top Term: Basketball Betting #1 Google US
- Worked with them in a limited consulting capacity.
- Provided strategic SEO and site structure direction.
- Provided technical SEO consultation for their custom build ColdFusion betting engine and CMS.
- Created a portal and subdomain strategy.
- Implemented content and linking guidelines.
- Successfully captured niche markets for an otherwise small operation.
That's the brief run down of my Sportsbook experience - as I mentioned these are simply highlights of my gaming marketing experience. If you'd like further detail, simply contact me and we can discuss in further detail.