My name is Daniel Michael Jerome Nedelko. This is my life, here are some highlights:
- Worked (and continue to work with) with the incredibly talented Ryan Guay of Street Pharmacy including marketing and helping design the ownership of his digital business.
- Participated in the launch roadmap for http://swearnet.com with The Trailer Park Boys: Mike Smith, JP Tremblay and Robb Wells.
- Executed The Trailer Park Boys live stream launch of http://swearnet.com
- Spoke in Orlando at the VRMA (Vacation Rental Managers Association) conference about Vacation Home Rentals and Demeure.
- Launched Street Pharmacy's Founding Fan via ArtBarn Media. If you're looking for some background, you can read my open letter to artists. It went live on May 23rd and runs through to July 7th.
- Founding Fan was covered in the Welland Times and The Waterloo Region Record.
- Panel speaker at NXNE in Toronto entitled: "To Stream or not to Stream" - June 15, 2012.
I try my best to keep the list updated for new and notable things I'm up to these days. Another great way to get or keep in touch is over on LinkedIn Professional Profile. Let's connect and chat.
Tragically I lost my best friend and my brother, Dušan Nedelko on February 18, 2010 in a motor vehicle accident in Northern Ontario. Through the grief and loss we have founded the Dušan Nedelko Foundation whose goal is to "Enable Youth Through Outdoor Activity".
As co-founder alongside Hanna Trafford, Kara Mitchell and Peter Bolitsky I act as chairman of the FounDušan. I am involved in all aspects of administration, marketing, fund raising, events and dispersing of funds to outdoor educators, youth programs and other qualifying groups in the Province of Ontario.
It's our goal to ensure a lasting legacy for my brother's passion of the outdoors and love of mentoring youth through outdoor activity.
I've included a portion of my professional timeline below, contact me if you have questions, comments, insults or just want to chat.
Accomplished entrepreneur, pragmatic technologist and internet marketer with a proven ability to implement multifaceted technology solutions that support business, technical and financial objectives.
Recognized as an expert in technology integration with a proven background in both engineering, sales and management.
Respected leader, able to build high motivated technical teams focused on delivering robust and stable solutions which exceed revenue goals.
Constantly up-to-date with changes in the industry through professional affiliations and continuing professional development.
Areas of Expertise
- Strategic and Tactical Planning
- New Product Development
- Management Reporting Task and Details Analysis
- Technical Requirements Planning
- Management Team Leadership
- Heterogeneous Software System Design
- Functional Requirements Definition
- Technical Requirements Definition
- Project Delivery Requirements, Timelines and Budgeting
Bachelor of Science - Computer Science and Mathematics (Convocation 2002)
Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario
Beyond formal education I constantly exercise self-learning both professionally and personally
196 King Street South
Founder & Business Marketing Strategist
December 2000 - Present
- Founded the Honeypot Marketing and built it from a part time business to a successful Marketing Agency
- We specialize in the following areas: Lead Generation, Marketing Communications, Conversion Rate Optimization, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Video Marketing, Direct Response Email Marketing
- In addition to numerous significant clients including Neris (the official Czech News Agency), Crestock.com, Computrace, Anglo Swiss Resources among others
- Manage and maintain a network of quality content sites
- Offering Business and Team development consultation including In House training and employee development
- Designed/developed a strategic Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, Viral
Marketing plan which was successfully executed
- Attained 50+ #1 Google rankings for Sports and Horse Racing related terms
- Increased search traffic to betus.com from 3% to 25% of all web traffic which translated into a 20%
- Implemented Omniture SiteCatalyst and Clicktracks web analytics to track definable metrics across
the entire company
- Built an internet marketing team whose responsibilities included viral
marketing, SEO, SEM, Podcasting, Site optimization, Conversion Optimization and Copywriting
- Worked with the design and product teams to execute a complete redesign of www.betus.com
- Successfully implemented innovative sports betting podcasting and social networking programs which have
become an integral part of the ongoing betus.com marketing strategy
- Designed/developed a strategic Search Engine Optimization and conversion driven Marketing plan
- Attained 110+ #1 Google rankings for Sports related terms
- Increased search traffic to bodog.com from 3% to 15% of all web traffic
- Implemented Omniture SiteCatalyst web analytics to track definable metrics across the entire
- Averaged 100 joined and depositing users per day
- Built a team of 7 internet marketers including SEO’s, Project managers, Copywriters which
continue to be an integral part of Bodog.com’s marketing team to this day
- Worked with the design and product teams to execute a complete redesign of www.bodog.com
- Worked closely with product channel units to assign business metrics to online campaigns,
ensuring their performance and optimization
101 Frederick Street, Suite 810
Director of Technology and Technical Sales
September 2001-March 2003
- Designed/developed rapid data acquisition applications targeted at MIPS, StrongARM SA1110 and
XScale processor boards (Windows CE and Palm)
- Determined functional specifications from both sales/marketing department and client
- Coordinated development deadlines, status updates and complete technical documentation
- Developed Sales Kits & Sales Presentations
- Determined business cases for new product development including product viability, pricing &
- Created end user documentation, developer documentation & training materials (both live and
remote multimedia versions)
- Technical sales, support, documentation and end client needs analysis and proposals
Urbana Online Solutions
10 Water Street, Unit 7
Technical Consultant (Contract Position)
May 2001-September 2001
- Brought in to assess problematic development structures
- Assessed entire technology infrastructure
- Assessed database scalability including ability replicate live transactions, billings, etc.
- Worked closely with Executive Management to build development, sales, marketing and executive
morale and efficiency
- Worked closely with Chief Technology Officer to implement and guide future projects as defined by
the desires of Executive Management
110 Phillip Street, Unit 15
Database Specialist (Contract Position)
September 2000-May 2001
- Developed a scalable database structure utilizing Oracle 9i on a Linux platform
- Implemented infrastructure for web based B2B move management system
- Implemented Perl User Interface
- Worked closely with management and sales to define requirements, logistics and implementation of
- Worked closely with technical staff to set tasks, timelines and deliverables
Wilfrid Laurier University – Quantum Physics Research Group
February 2000-April 2002
- Software team member developing laser simulation (Quantum Well and VCSEL) software targeted
for UNIX and Windows based systems
- C++/FORTRAN cross language integration
- Designed numerous unique GUI features, adding functionality and increasing usability of the
- Designed libraries for use in generic scientific software, GUI based and computational reusable
objects (linux, UNIX, Windows)
- Implemented numerous services in a heterogenous network environment (file sharing, security,
Wilfrid Laurier University, Department of Physics and Computing
Teaching Assistant “CP225 - An Introduction to Scientific Computation”
Cross Listed Physics and Computer Science Senior Level Course
September 2000-December 2001
- Assisted in design of assignment and midterm examinations
- Communicated with large groups of students (44 in 2000, 59 in 2001) on a regular basis, including
conflict resolution and tutoring
- Graded, commented, and resolved issues with all assignments and midterm examinations
- Recorded, tracked and resolved all marking issues throughout school year
- Conducted tutorial sessions regarding scientific methods, C, C++, MATLAB, and UNIX
Silvano Colour Laboratories
Software Developer/Network Administrator
February 1997-September 1999
- Member of research team developing direct to paper CRT Printer (software testing and
- Junior developer maintaining and upgrading an IBM AS/400 inventory, accounting and workflow
- Network administration incorporating UNIX, Apple, and Windows based systems
- Electronic imaging technician, developed numerous techniques to increase production, automate
process and increase efficiency
Japan Camera Center
September 1994 -June 1996
- In charge of daily operations and customer relations
- Invoicing, receivables, payables and daily bookkeeping
- Staffing and employee organization
- Ordering, inventory and customer relations
- Member of Easter Seals “PowerPlay” street hockey tournament organizing committee
- Member of Oktoberfest Marketing Co-Ordination committee
- Recipient of the Science and Technology Endowment Program (STEP) Research Award (Nov.
- Involved in numerous areas of computer science research, including Beowulf Clustering (Parallel Systems Design), Visualization and Scientific Computing and GUI Development (Ongoing)
- Member of numerous open source projects. Including (but not exclusive to) MESA 3D, GNOME
Desktop, Crypto++ , and the Mozilla Browser project. Tasks undertaken include beta-testing,
debugging, and documentation (Ongoing)
- Photography and Imaging - Traditional Film - manipulating light and film, understanding the beauty
- Canoeing, Kayaking, Rock Climbing - enjoying the power and beauty of nature, learning to work
within her bounds
- Trailriding & Mountain Biking - challenging myself, learning to be scared and extend myself
- Artificial Intelligence - learning how people and machines can learn
- Humane Society, Kitchener branch volunteer - giving to animals who are innocent
- Mathematics Council Member, Wilfrid Laurier University, (2000-2002)
- Science Council Representative, Wilfrid Laurier University (2000-2002)